PGA Golf Professional of the Year Ray Cutright of Idle Hour Club in Macon, Georgia, headed the 2014 PGA Golf National Award recipients honored Thursday evening at the 98th PGA Annual Meeting.
Cutright, 63 and a resident of Macon, is the 60th recipient of the PGA Golf Professional of the Year Award, the PGA’s highest annual honor bestowed upon a PGA Professional. He is the fourth member of the Georgia PGA Section to receive the honor, following John Gerring (1981), Dick Murphy (1994) and Ed Hoard (1999).
Other recipients of 2014 PGA of America Awards include:
• Kathy Gildersleeve-Jensen, of Colbert, Washington – PGA Teacher of the Year
• Tom Morton, of Sacramento, California – Youth Player Development Award
• Roger Wallace, of Polson, Montana – Bill Strausbaugh Award
• Pat Gavin, of Las Cruces, New Mexico – Horton Smith Award
• Ralph Landrum, of Crestview Hills, Kentucky – PGA Player Development Award
• SGM Jim Dickerson III, of Iowa City, Iowa – Patriot Award
• Southern California PGA Section – Herb Graffis Award
• Scott Nye, of Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania – PGA Merchandiser of the Year –
• George Ancuta, of Hackettstown, New Jersey – PGA Merchandiser of the Year – Public Facilities
• Ron Leporati, of Bedford, Pennsylvania – PGA Merchandiser of the Year – Resort Facilities
Source: PGA of America