A look back at the 2013 Quicken Loans National
Bill Haas entered the final round of the Quicken Loans National in a four-way tie with Robert Castro, Andres Romero and James Driscoll. Thanks in part to birdies on Nos. 8, 9 and 10, Haas carded a 5-under 66 for a 3-stroke win over Roberto Castro. The victory was cemented with a wedge from 84 yards to 9 inches on the par-5 16th hole, with the birdie giving him a comfortable three-stroke cushion with two holes to play.
More on Bill Haas
• Haas earned his fifth career TOUR victory at the age of 31 years, 1 month and 6 days in his 229th start.
• Quicken Loans National results: 2007/T30, 2008/T36, 2009/MC, 2011/T34, 2013/1.
• Father Jay won his fifth TOUR event (nine overall) in his 181st start. The elder Haas won nine TOUR events.
• Haas became the fourth 54-hole leader/co-leader in the last seven years of the Quicken Loans National to carry that lead on to victory, joining Nick Watney (2011), Justin Rose (2010) and Tiger Woods (2009).
• The winner of the 2011 FedExCup has three top-10 performances in 2013-14, a T6 at the Humana Challenge in partnership with the Clinton Foundation, a T6 at the World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship and T8 at the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide.