Golftravel4u.co.uk 2015 Irish Golf & Spa Offers at The Heritage Golf and Spa Resort – Killenard, County Laois, Ireland
About The Heritage Golf and Spa Resort – Killenard, County Laois, Ireland
The Heritage a 72 par Championship golf course, was co-designed by Seve Ballesteros and Jeff Howes is set in the beautiful rolling countryside of Co. Laois, with the Slieve Bloom Mountains as a backdrop. This championship golf course provides the most enjoyable experience for golfers of all standards in Ireland. Construction on the golf course began back in June 2001, with what was once an open piece of farmland Ballesteros & Howes have created a gem that features all the flair you would expect from Seve.
Five lakes and a stream meander through the course and bring water into play on 10 holes. 98 beautifully shaped bunkers and 7,000 trees adorn the landscape, which is very gently undulating without any climbing involved
How to get to The Heritage Golf and Spa Resort
Satellite Navigation co-ordinates: N53 7.9518 W007 8.8614
Travelling by Car
From Dublin Airport – 60 Minutes – Follow signs southbound for the M50. Go through westlink toll bridge and take exit 9 heading southbound on the M7/N7 signpost for Cork. Continue on the M7/N7 and take exit for Monasterevin (Junction 14) Pass through Monasterevin village and travel for 3 KM and take right turn at Bolands Pub. Killenard village is located just 3 Km from this junction.
From Dublin City – 60 Minutes – Follow signs southbound for the M7/N7 signpost for Cork. Continue on the M7/N7 and take exit for Monasterevin (junction 14) Pass through Monasterevin village and travel for 3 Km and take right turn at Bolands Pub. Killenard village is located 3 Km from this junction.
From Limerick & Cork – 1 hour 30 mins – Follow signs M7 north bound to Dublin. Leave the M7 at Junction 15 that is sign posted Killenard. When you turn off take the left and follow the signs for Killenard and Ballybrittas. You will approach a round about ahead and take a right on this and head for Ballybrittas village which is only 2 miles up the road take left turn for Killenard. This road is sign posted all the way for The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort and will take you 5 minutes max to Killenard.
From Galway – 2 hours 30 mins – Follow signs for Athlone N6. Bypass Athlone to Moate. In Moate turn right onto the N80 to Tullamore. From there travel to Portarlington and onto Killenard.
To plan your journey using the AA Route Planner www.aaireland.ie/routes
Travelling by Train
The nearest train station is Portarlington, 3km from the village of Killenard, served daily, travelling time from Dublin is approximately 45 minutes. For details of the train time table, please visit the Irish Rail website www.irishrail.ie.
Transport can be pre arranged before arrival to the resort. Transfers to and from Irish International airports can be organised by our concierge team. Luxury chauffeur car & coach services can be pre arranged through our concierge team.
The Heritage Golf and Spa Resort Guest Rooms
The well designed deluxe guestrooms offer spacious and stylish stay at our Laois accommodation and caters for 2 adults sharing a double guestroom.
- 338 sq ft elegant en suite guestroom
- Separate soaking tub and shower
- Slippers and bathrobes
- Hair dryer
- Full turn down service
- Tea/Coffee Tray
- 24 Hour Room Service
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Complimentary mineral water
- Direct dial phone with voicemail
- Executive desk
- Interactive TV
- ISDN Internet access
- Fax machines available upon request
- Electronic safe
- Trouser press, iron and ironing board
- Laundry and dry cleaning service available
The Heritage Golf and Spa Resort Facilities
- 5 Star Resort
- Seve ‘Natural’ Golf School
- Driving Range
- Short Game Area
- 9 Hole Par 3 Course
- Health Club
The Heritage Golf and Spa Resort dining
Sol Oriens is the award winning Steakhouse & Italian restaurant located at the entrance and is only 3 minute walk from the hotel. It features an open plan kitchen with authentic pizza oven. An informal restaurant offering a classical Italian style serving steaks, pizza, pastas and salads (Voted best in County Laois)
Sol Oriens is the name of a horse which won the Irish Derby in 1941. He was trained on The Heath in Portlaoise by the very famous trainer Col. AJ Blake and ridden by George Wells. The Heath & The Curragh are located a short drive from the resort.
The Italian connection is that Sol is a Roman deity, the unconquered sun god, and a huge golden statue of him stood beside the Roman Colosseum. Sol was always shown with a radiate crown, the spikes representing the rays of the sun. This is the same kind of crown the emperors were shown wearing, and this was no coincidence. The unconquered sun represented the unconquered emperor, and as Sol Oriens, the morning sun in the east, represented the rising fortunes of the emperor.
Open for dinner from Wed to Sun inclusive from 6.00pm. Sol Oriens is a family friendly restaurant. Group booking of 10 & above will dine from the set menu. All the meat and poultry is of Irish origin.
The Arlington Room Restaurant is located just off the spectacular foyer and lounge. The restaurant features a modern European/International cuisine style of menu with classic dishes to please all.
The Heritage Golf and Spa Resort, Spa
The Heritage Spa Experience (thermal suite) is based on the ancient ritual of bathing where the body is heated and then cooled by a series of heat and cooling experiences. The extensive 7,000 sq ft area guides ythe body through a sensory jtheney with the ultimate aim of inducing deep relaxation. Duration: Up to 2 hthes – Euro 50
Group & mid-week offers are of exceptional value.
(Pre booking is essential and all guests on group bookings must be booked into the same time slot)
· 1 Spa Guest at €30
· 2 Spa Guests at €50
· 3 Spa Guests at €70
· 4 Spa Guests at €80
The experiences on offer have their roots in cleansing & beautifying the body. They originate from cultures dating back thousands of years:
Sanarium, this is a luxurious timber chamber combining the traditional pleasures of the Scandinavian sauna with the added benefit of steam infusion, mood lighting & background music. The ‘softer climate’ will allow you to spend longer in the cabin so the heats can deeply penetrate the body & soothe joints & muscles.
Tepidarium, in the Roman Spa the Tepidarium was a lukewarm lounging area usually located in the opulent hall of the Spa. It gave bathers the opportunity to unwind whilst watching the world go by.
Caldarium, a 2000 year old Roman tradition. The floor, benches & walls are heated offering a dry, warm environment for perspiring & cleansing the pores. Cocoon ytheself in the aromatic vapthes & allow the stresses of the world to drift away.
Steam Bath, a humid heating sensation it is also known as a Turkish or Roman Steam Bath, particularly beneficial for the respiratory system. The heat in combination with essential oils helps induce a state of deep relaxation.
Rustic Sauna Cabin, a Finnish tradition offering intense dry heat. An authentic copper kettle disperses aromatic water over the coals to create warmth & essence in the cabin. This large rustic space offers an ideal environment to unravel ythe mind & rest tired, aching muscles.
As two thirds of the human body is comprised of water it is no surprise that we are naturally drawn towards this nurturing natural element.
Hydro Pool, with water fountains for shoulder & neck massage, air loungers for full body massage plus individual jetpacks tailored to specific hydrotherapeutic needs, this is the ideal way to relax whilst breathing in the fresh Irish country air.
Foot Baths, offering a gentle relaxing foot soak massage to soothe & stimulate the feet. Aromatic salts are provided to offer a variety of sensations & therapeutic effects.
It is important to cool down after using one of the heat experiences. Cooling the soft tissues not only moderates ythe body temperature, it invigorates the body & stimulates the nerve endings leaving you feeling refreshed & energised.
Ice Fountain, gently apply crushed ice onto the body to counteract the warming effects of the heat experience.
Experience Showers, these are fabulous showers offering a multi-sensory experience to help cool the body, from soft tropical rain to invigorating ice rain. A waterfall shower, bucket douche, body shower & kneippe hose complete the experience.
Lie back & relax as you take some time out in the ‘Resting Zone’. Sip a cool beverage to hydrate as you appreciate the breath-taking country views.
• Cool off in between each heat experience by using the ice fountain and showers provided.
• Drink plenty of water to re-hydrate the body during ythe stay. Water is provided at the refreshments bar.
• Swimwear is obligatory in The Heritage Spa Experience area at all times.
• For hygienic reasons please shower before use and between each ‘Experience’.
• Try following one of the recommended Heritage Spa Experience jtheney maps.
• If in doubt please ask a Spa Assistant and they will be happy to guide and assist you.
Things to Do/ Places to See in County Laois
Local Events & Festivals
- RDS Wedding Showcase, Januray 25th & 26th – come and visit us on our Stand.
- The Resort Spring Wedding Showcase Sunday March 2nd 2 to 5 pm.
- Electric Picnic Festival takes place at Stradbally Hall on the 29th 30th & 31st of August – only 12 miles or 20 kms from The Resort. http://www.electricpicnic.ie/
- Ploughing Championships 2014 take place on 22nd 23rd 24th & 25th of September http://www.npa.ie/
- Gordon Bennett Rally Friday 30th May to Monday 2nd June http://gordonbennettclassic.ie/
- Laois Golf Challenge May 19th -22nd the final is on the Last Day at The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.
- Kildare Village Chich Outlet Shopping is located at exit 13 only 12 miles or 19 kms from The 5* Heitage Golf & Spa Resort.
- Famed for the warmth of its welcome, Ireland is arguably one of Europe’s most popular destinations. Around 45 minutes from Ireland’s capital Dublin city lies the heart of Ireland’s horse-racing county of Kildare and Kildare town. Kildare Village is Ireland’s only luxury outlet shopping destination. With over 60 international brands to choose from, each in its own elegant boutique, offering previous seasons’ collections at up to 60% off all year round, you can stretch your spending power with clever investment buys.
- Despite its close proximity to Dublin, it feels a million miles away. Kildare is famous for horse breeding, golf, spas, fine food and smart shopping. Surrounded by the unique plains of The Curragh, Kildare Village offers the visitor a real sense of place, fine food and a five star shopping experience.
- Get introduced to European fashion names, from beautiful bag-maker Anya Hindmarch to legacy labels Jaeger and Church’s. Thomas Pink, Hackett and Hugo Boss will convert shopping shy men as they find the perfect shirt, tweed sports jacket and sleek suit, respectively. Now that he has been won over, take him with you so you can sample some of Ireland’s leading design talent at Louise Kennedy whose classic pieces you will keep forever.
- When it’s time to take a break, indulge in a delicious authentic Italian meal at L’Officina, part of the Dunne & Crescenzi group of restaurants. For a smaller snack, Creperie Amelie and Starbucks serve up delicious nibbles to help you re-fuel for some more shopping. Little ones can be kept entertained in the playground beside L’Officina.
- Getting to Kildare Village couldn’t be easier. By car, the Village is less than an hour from Dublin city centre (15 minutes from The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort) and there are acres of free parking.
- Kildare Village Where Exceptional Value is Always in Style
The Heritage Golf and Spa Resort Fine Details
The Heritage Golf and Spa Resort includes:
‘STAY AND PLAY’ at this Fantastic Venue from only £86.00 per person.
A one night stay in a double or twin room, including:
- 1 Round of Golf on the Seve Cthese
- Steak Supper
How to Book this The Heritage Golf and Spa Resort Package
Visit Golf Travel 4U UK at http://www.golftravel4u.co.uk/
T: 01224 748209