PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. – With yesterday’s conclusion of the 21st and final Regular Season event on the 2014 Web.com Tour schedule, the WinCo Foods Portland Open presented by Kraft, the stage is set for the 2014 Web.com Tour Finals, the series of four tournaments that will determine 25 additional PGA TOUR membership cards and positions for the upcoming 2014-15 season.
The Finals will launch this Thursday, Aug. 28th with the first round of the Hotel Fitness Championship at one of Indiana’s top golf courses, Sycamore Hills Golf Club, in Fort Wayne.
On Sunday, 25 cards were locked up in Portland by the Regular Season’s 25 leading money winners. Twenty-five more cards will be determined at the Finals based on earnings in the four events. The all-important positioning of players for the PGA TOUR’s eligibility list will also be determined.
The 50 card earners will be officially recognized following the Web.com Tour Championship at TPC Sawgrass on Sept. 21st.
There are 130 players committed to play this week at Sycamore Hills (see legend below):
Note: Web.com Tour players Nos. 1-75 in bold. PGA TOUR players Nos. 126-200 are un-bolded. Those in italics are either non-members off the FedExCup points list or PGA TOUR players with medical exemptions as noted.
2013 Web.com Tour Finals Overview
- The Web.com Tour is the path for the PGA TOUR’s 50 membership cards for the following season.
- The 2014 Web.com Tour season consists of 21 Regular Season events, followed by four Finals events.
- While the top-25 players from the Web.com Tour Regular Season will earn their PGA TOUR cards, their order of priority won’t be determined until the conclusion of the Web.com Tour Finals. They will carry their earnings into the Finals and priority will be established based on the combination of their Regular Season and Finals earnings.
- Of those players from the Web.com Tour Regular Season top-25 list, the No. 1 player at the conclusion of the Finals based on combined Regular Season and Finals earnings will receive full exemption to the PGA TOUR. So any top-25 player can earn the coveted No. 1 position if he performs well enough in the four Finals events. In addition to his PGA TOUR exemption, the No. 1 player receives an exemption into THE PLAYERS Championship for the upcoming season.
- A separate money list for the Web.com Tour Finals will determine the final 25 PGA TOUR cards. The player who earns the most money during the four Finals events (if different from the combined money winner) will earn full exemption to the PGA TOUR plus an invitation to THE PLAYERS.
- The fields for the four Web.com Tour Finals events will combine the top-75 money winners from the Web.com Tour’s Regular Season and Nos. 126-200 from the PGA TOUR’s FedExCup points list (including non-members), plus medical exemptions, at the conclusion of the Wyndham Championship on Aug. 17th.
- All four will feature $1 million purses.
- All four will air on Golf Channel in high definition.
- The 2014-15 PGA TOUR season begins with the Frys.com Open Oct. 9-12.
The Web.com Tour Finals will take place as follows:
|Aug.28-31||Hotel Fitness Championship||Sycamore Hills Golf Club||Fort Wayne, Ind.|
|Sept. 4-7||Chiquita Classic||River Run Country Club||Davidson, N.C. (Charlotte)|
|Sept. 11-14||Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship||Ohio State University Golf Club / Scarlet Course||Columbus, Ohio|
|Sept. 18-21||Web.com Tour Championship||TPC Sawgrass / Dye’s Valley Course||
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL